The Spontaneous Travel Company Agency Terms & Conditions
Except where otherwise specified, we, The Spontaneous Travel Company, 2 Atlantic Close, Southampton, England, SO14 3TA, Company Registration No. 09842735 act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any food and culinary experiences or other services you purchase (“Arrangements”) or for the acts or omissions of any supplier or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any Arrangements. For all Arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier of the Arrangements in question (the ‘Supplier/Principal’). When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable Supplier/Principal of the Arrangements. Your booking with us is subject to these Agency Terms and Conditions and the specific booking conditions of the relevant Supplier/Principal(s) you contract with and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. The Supplier/Principal’s booking conditions may limit and/or exclude the Supplier/Principal’s liability to you. Copies of applicable conditions are available on request from us.
By making a booking with us, you agree that you:
a. have read these Agency Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them;
c. are over 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom and where placing an order for services with age restrictions you declare that you and all members of your party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services; and
d. accept financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
1. Booking and payment: In order to confirm your chosen Arrangements, you must pay the full amount and any booking fees at the time of booking. Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and the Supplier/Principal will exist when we send you confirmation on their behalf.
Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us immediately. As we act only as booking agent, we have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where an error is made by us.
Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal concerned, all monies you pay to us for Arrangements will be held on behalf of the Supplier/Principal and forwarded on to the Supplier/Principal in accordance with our agreement with the Supplier/Principal.
2. Prices: We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. Special note: changes and errors sometimes occur. You must check the price of your chosen Arrangements at the time of booking.
3. Special requests: If you have any special requests (for example dietary requirements), please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the Supplier/Principal, but we cannot guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
4. Changes and Cancellations by you: Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing, by email, and will take effect at the time we receive it. Please ensure that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your booking prior to the start date. Whilst we will try to assist, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal of your Arrangements. The Supplier/Principal may charge the cancellation or amendment charges shown in their booking conditions (which may be as much as 100% of the cost of the Arrangements and will normally increase closer to the start date of the Arrangements).
Please note: some Supplier/Principals do not allow changes and therefore full cancellation charges will apply.
5. Changes and Cancellations by the Supplier/Principal: We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the Supplier/Principal needs to make a significant change to your confirmed Arrangements or to cancel them. We will also liaise between you and the Supplier/Principal in relation to any alternative arrangements offered by the supplier but we will have no further liability to you.
6. Our responsibility for your booking: Your contract is with the Supplier/Principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the Arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the Arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of the commission we earn on your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
7. Complaints: Because the contract for your Arrangements is between you and the Supplier/Principal, any queries or concerns about your Arrangements should be addressed to them. If you have a problem with your Arrangements whilst using them, this must be reported to the Supplier/Principal immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the Supplier/Principal to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result.
If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the Supplier/Principal. You will see their name and contact details in any confirmation documents we send you.
If you wish to complain about any service we have provided to you (i.e. our booking service) then please contact us directly.
You can access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
8. Law and Jurisdiction: These Agency Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scottish or Northern Irish law, as applicable).
9. Documentation & Information: All descriptions and content on our website or otherwise issued by us is done so on behalf of the Supplier/Principal in question are intended to present a general idea of the services provided by the Supplier/Principal. Not all details of the relevant services can be included on our website/app and social media platforms. All services shown are subject to availability. If you require any further details, in respect of any Arrangements or any other services please contact us.